- Design collateral suite for Grandparents University summer camp event, hosted and organized by volunteers and the MSU Alumni Association.
- Invitation: Design a piece that accommodates a lot of information and stands out in the mail, while remaining cost efficient.
- Scavenger Hunt: Create a fun twist on the previously used plain paper scavenger hunts, in order to appeal to kids and hold the interest of grandparents who see it every year.
- Program Guide: Convey a lot of information in a pocket-sized guide.
- First-time grandparent attendees
- Returning grandparents who have attended before but have have attended with different grandchildren in the past
- First-time child attendees
- Returning child attendees, who may have attended as many as four years of camp and want to see something new
- Gather information from various planning committees
- Determine layout and design publications
- Coordinate printing
- Obtain GPS data from MSU’s Infrastructure Planning and Facilities department, convert it to vector, and eliminate unnecessary features to create the campus map, before adding the bus route
- Write scavenger hunt questions and answer key
- Design scavenger hunt prize box and purchase prizes, keeping with the theme
Scavenger Hunt (interior spread, with “Pirate Treasure” prizes):
Program Book (interior spread with campus map and bus route):